In addition to the quality initiatives that drive our services, American Habilitation Services believes our chief resource is our employees. AHS employees have an exceptional commitment to the individuals we support. We view each person as the primary focus as we partner with that individual to promote growth, independence and self-esteem.
The AHS Management team is responsible for providing the resources to promote both quality programs and employee satisfaction. They encourage decision-making by those who are closest to the situation. This is achieved by creating an environment with open communication that promotes input and feedback as opportunities for improvement and innovation.
The depth and breadth of the American Habilitation's experience and expertise makes it a leader in the field of providing supports to those with intellectual and/or physical disabilities.
The AHS management team is one of the strongest in the industry. It includes:
- Nancy Newberry - President and Chief Executive Officer
- Sheryl Baker - Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
- Dennis Clapp - Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Sandra Stewart - Human Resources Director
- Devan Jenkins, RN - Director of Nursing Services
- Glenn Lippman, MD - Senior Consultant on Medical Quality
To allow for more localized support and communication, AHS also has Assistant State Directors:
- Jodie Braden
- Phyllis Taylor
Combined, these professionals bring a level of experience and preparation that allows AHS to deliver on its commitment to each person it works with.
All of these individuals are available by calling the main AHS number - 512-236-1312